Ok, so I have actually been writing a fair few small JavaFX apps, and
I love the FXScript language and the entire JavaFX experience, but I
don't really know how exactly all the parts fit together.

I have a few questions,

So basically, how is JavaFX implemented? I understand that JavaFX is a
platform, and the FXScript language is a language on top of the
platform, and hence there must be a FXScript compiler. What does it
compile down to?
Is is all just bytecode in the end that runs on the JVM?

Why does JavaFX require JDK 6u10 (what was so special about it?) I
have heard that "most" of JavaFX can actually run on JDK 5 (not sure
on which revision though), is that just because its all just bytecode
in the end?

What exactly is the JavaFX runtime? How does it all fit in to the
puzzle? Can you run JavaFX without any JRE installed (i.e. just the
run time by itself)?

I know I'm asking very general questions, but some perspective on
this, maybe some articles I could read, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
Mark