On Jul 26, 4:37 pm, Casper Bang <casper.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I am surprised such a minor article could stir up such a fuss
> anyway, this is the inter-web - invented by Al Gore - where everyone
> can make their own truth.

I just want to point out that the "Al Gore claims to have invented the
internet" statement is false - I'm not sure if you meant that as
evidence that anyone can make up a statement like that, or that *he*
did it.  In any case I frequently hear it repeated as fact so in case
anyone believes it's true - it's not - here's the full quote:  "During
my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole
range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's
economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our
educational system."   Note that he said "initiate in creating", NOT
"invented" - and you can see that in that full context it's clear he
does not want you to believe he personally invented TCP/IP. The first
use of the word "invent" in this story appeared in a Republican press
release.

-- Tor