With NB, its best to download the smallest package and add to it
through the plugin manager (tools->plugins).  However, I think
downloading the JavaFX version of netbeans is probably equivalent to
starting with the base and then adding JavaFX.

Jan, I don't know if is widespread agreement on good formatting for
JavaFX source code.  The first (?) version of the plugin would format
code, but I didn't like the choices they made.  It would also do it w/
o asking, which was doubly bad.  Don't know if they disabled it for
the bugs or for style.