Does anyone know of a Java library that can take an object and convert
it to an HTML form?

Obviously, Rails and its clones can do this, but I'm looking for a
standalone Java library. The only one I've found (Devsphere Mapping
Framework http://www.devsphere.com/mapping/docs/guide/appmodel.html)
feels pretty antiquated and the search terms are so generic that
Google isn't much help.

I've started writing one, but there must surely already be something
out there. The only "novelty" my version would have is integrating
nicely with JPA, for example by automatically hiding the @Id field or
by handling @Embeddable but ignoring relationships. It then returns a
list of form elements for your templating engine to read.

Anyway, any pointers would be appreciated.

Mwanji