Ok, guys, having read your messages and others on the Net,
I see that many people like wicket and dislike JSF, etc.

Perhaps I should explain the requirements better so you can point out
whether Wicket satisfies those.
We are going to be developing web apps that will be periodically
'refreshed'
by web developers.
I tried loading the example Wicket .html pages into the browser,
or Dreamweaver, and they do not look like they do in the running
applications,
i.e. forms do not look correct with fields on different lines, etc.
I do not see how a HTML web developer/graphic designer working in
Dreamweaver/Photoshop
can give us app developers or change style of an existing web
application.

Am I missing something here or is there an impedance mismatch?