You're doing it wrong, Ryan.

You should teach them cmd/ctrl+alt+f, and you should teach them that
the editor knows better than they do, so if it indents things 'funny',
then their code is broken. "Solving" their lack of understanding by
indoctrinating them with the 'braces' everywhere mantra is an anti-
pattern.

NB: Nice straw-man, Jess. Nobody shoves an else clause on the same
line as the corresponding if, even braces-haters like me.