On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Steven Herod <steven.he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If Sun does eventually drop or depreciate Swing in favour of JavaFX,
> then SWT may be the only way to do desktop apps in Java in the
> future.  (And thats entirely supposition on my part)

Doesn't JavaFX use swing behind the scenes anyway?
If this is the case then swing will continue to advance as a library
usable by native Java
(though it may take more boilerplate to duplicate certain aspects of
FX behaviour)

Of course, there's always AWT/RCP if you don't mind a bit of eclipse lock-in.