I think you will probably want to share some of that code sooner or later.
E.g. between machines and friends. Then you need a hosting.

Then you can do

git + github

or

hg + bitbucket or kenai

or

bzr + launchpad

All three are good system and a bit of a different audience, but should do the
job. Also one things to consider is that google code supports hg. Depending in
which circles in the open source world you come around all can do the job more
or less well. E.g. bzr and launchpad cant be beat for working with ubuntu.

manfred

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:28:15 -0500, Kfir Shay wrote
> lets keep it short: git
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM, eagle63 <brek...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys, that helps a lot.  You're right, I didn't realize that
> > you couldn't still have a "Central" repository with a distributed
> > system.  Since Mercurial is supported by NB I think I'll give that a
> > try and see how it goes.  Plus, it looks like there's a Perforce -->
> > Mercurial migration tool built in.  Nice!
> >
> > http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ConvertExtension
> >

> > --

javaposse+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<javaposse%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.co
m>