Oh, I apologize, I meant this:

"The free market economic model is a lousy one, but it is the best by far."
<---- That sentence doesn't make sense.

Connecting free markets with patents (artificial constraints) doesn't make
sense. Because I'm going out on a limb here and think it's "free" as in
freedom and not in beer?

This will be a veeeery long discussion, but let's agree on that we got the
wheel, the fire, the agriculture and roads and clothes and a lot more
without any patents. So, saying that patents are needed to fuel innovation
is simply not true.