As was briefly mentioned, let's keep in mind distinction between dynamic and
weak typing.  I looked at the link in your post and some things jumped out at
me that I just had to respond to (I realize the bog post is not yours
personally):

> If you can’t understand it, just rewrite it, after all its just couple
of hundred lines, how long can it take you?
Whaaaaaat?  That's his answer to the problem of understanding loosely typed,
dense code?  Sure, it's possible to make an impenetrable mess using any
language, dynamically typed or not, but usually when I'm having a hard time
with something written in Java, it's either because the code is laid out in
such a way that it undermines basic OOP principles, including loosening type
restrictions, where it shouldn't, or there's some non-trivial flow of control
lacking in documentation.  The latter, such as asynchronous calls, is not easy
to deal with in any language at this time, but documentation is usually the
answer.

> Code Density in dynamic languages are phenomenal! All of the endless
casting, coercing and repetition in declaration simply is not there
resulting in very dense code.
I smell pure FUD.  Even without reified generics, Java hasn't had the need for
much of casting in how long now?  Especially if you're doing web development
and not using Swing, which lacks generified API.

> I can see how a dynamic language can be a nightmare if you don’t have
tests.
This is an interesting statement.  I do agree -- testing is important and if
you lose static typing, it has to take on extra responsibility.  But then let's
not compare apples and oranges.  Let's not compare code we write in a
statically typed language same code in a dynamically typed language.  Instead,
we should be compared code in a statically typed language against code in a
dynamically typed language plus the test code that might not have to be written
in the presence of a compiler.  Suddenly, it's not so clear where the line
should be drawn indicating how much extra test code and time gets put into a
dynamically typed environment.

And, at the risk of being crass, I couldn't pass this up:
> Compilers are great at telling you that you have miss-typed something or that
> you assumptions about classes are wrong
Touché :)  Having English as a second language, I can make fun.

 Alexey
2001 Honda CBR600F4i (CCS)
2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1992 Kawasaki EX500