Germany, Vodafone: 40 Euro/month (includes 5 Euro/month freelancer
discount; 40 Euro is about 50$ these days) gets you free calls to
fixed-wire numbers, free calls to a different carrier for one year
(special offer), free SMS/MMS over the weekend, unlimited data but
throttled to 64kbit/s after 300 MB/month, VOIP is "verboten", as is
tethering. This is pretty much identical to the T-Mobile iPhone data
plans (T-Mobile is the official and theoretically exclusive iPhone
carrier in Germany).  I don't travel much, so I never exceeded my 300
MB/month.