I was at uni in the early 1980s.  During one coding lecture the
lecturer turned around and said "I don't know why you lot are so
concerned with learning this stuff anyway.  Within ten years nobody
will be coding anymore because the computer will be doing it all for
you.

As it turned out, the activities and productivity of an average Java,
Scala (or any other language) progammer now are more or less identical
to those of an average COBOL programmer thirty years or forty years
ago.

Whilst the hardware is faster and we have the Internet the only
progress in coding languages seems to be more succinct syntax but
we're we're still coding much the same stuff in much the same way as a
generation ago.