i think that the coder matters here..
for e.g. i have a program to send an email.either i write a code from
scratch to do everything from opening ports to getting user details or
just add a commons library.check the time and scope.

the third party libraries Are phasing out your efforts and time
too.reducing your coding time in the constant scope is one of the
purposes of automated/generic code..
thanks,
jd