Of course its about money. What other possible motive or reward could
Oracle possible hope to achieve. Companies only exist to make money.

Android is not a cleanroom implementation, because there is no
standard to implement. When something is a standard then by definition
that is public and people can take it and build sommething. On the
other hand, the Java API is Suns property, the define, change and
control its direction and releases etc. We program to the product not
the implementation. We have a license to use as it is. Is it not
illegal to modify a java class and ship the  java.*.class with a
product. If i never used Java in my product name i still cant "alter"
core java classes and ship them - because that work in part and whole,
api and code inside is the property of Sun.