On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:27, mP <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but why was there no
> mention of GWT which addresses and solves many of these problems.
> While not perfect, in terms of solving browser nasties over CSS and
> other rendering problems it is a great step forward...

In my framework evaluations I also liked GWT, but missing some GUI
elements I later found in GXT.
But two reasons I did not use it finally:

1. The fact that it compiles everything to JavaScript behind the
scenes, it awful slow on compilation even for a very small test
application - that was very annoying to me, because I had to wait long
each time I run the program after small changes in the code.

2. With GXT it was even slower and had problems with corrupted GUI -
tried to find the reasons, changed a few things, then it worked until
an update to the next version of GWT and/or GXT or IDE, don't remember
exactly.

It was mentioned in the episode that "Swing just works" - and this is
very important for me. A reason why I think twice before designing an
application as a web application.

--
Martin Wildam

http://www.google.com/profiles/mwildam