On 9 Sep., 08:47, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>
wrote:

> On 9/9/10 08:30 , Karsten Silz wrote:> This may also be the final nail in the
> JavaFX coffin. I remember
> > hearing that JavaFX really needs Java modularity for quick
> > start-up time on the desktop and in mobile to compete effectively
> > against Flash.
>
> Yes, but this refers to a end-customer deployment. Industrial
> deployments are fine as they are already fine today with regular JSE.
> Of course, one might ask why an industrial customer would switch to
> JavaFX, but this could be - at least in some cases - the effect of
> Oracle marketing. So, I'd rather re-phrase your statement as "this
> makes really harm to end-user targeting of Java/JavaFX". Which is sad,
> anyway.

Agreed, deployment and start-up time are a lesser concern in such a
controlled environment.  Now JavaFX being a different beast than
Swing, it competes against Swing, Windows, Flex/AIR and web apps in
the enterprise space and is probably in the grand scheme of things the
least attractive option there.