On 9/21/10 15:01 , Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

2010/9/21 Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com <mailto:ced...@beust.com>>

    On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Casper Bang
    <casper.b...@gmail.com <mailto:casper.b...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Ah I see it has been added since, though still not exactly
        recommended:

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/design/performance.html#avoid_enums

    Correct.

    It's been there pretty much since day one, though, as far as I can
    remember.

By the way, the point that I wanted to make is that Java developers who decide to learn Android are never really handicapped by the Java aspect (which is 99% compatible with Java SE).

False. If you have some code for the manipulation of images, just to make an example, you're killed and you have to rewrite everything. It has been already said and it's a matter of facts, so I don't see the point in continuously denying it.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."