I know this is the Java posse rather than the C/C++ posse but given
that I believe a number of you have C/C++ experience I hoped you might
help me with a question.

This isn't any kind of flame bate or provocation to argument I would
just appreciate some honest opinion.

I wonder for those who have extensive C/C++ experience how productive
a highly experience C/C++ developer can be relative to Java.

I have been doing quite a bit of native work recently and have done
some in the past but am not all that experience relative to the time
spent with Java and .Net.

I know and understand the concepts of C/C++ but I can't say if feels
natural yet. I find both Java and C# easier to read and understand.

I do appreciate though that what is easy to read and understand
depends on what you are used to and levels of experience.

I am curious as to how easy and natural it feels with lots of
experience. It is easier to ask someone with lots of experience than
have to try working with it for many years to see how it feels.