The sentiment just stinks.  It is the old C++ programmers are more clever
because C++ is more complicated non argument.  Most firms have teams with
mixed developer skill sets.  Having this kind advertisement is not going to
anything in Scala's favor.  If he really wants Scala to be a success he
certainly has a real odd way of showing it, or perhaps hes worried from
current uptake that the real likelyhood is it will never be the success that
Java is