I am not trying to segregate developers into two distinc camps here -
one less capable than other...

But some sort of division is quite simply inevitable because in order
to write maintainable code it needs to follow certain ... style or
more deeply, a certain design philosophy.

The more similar the style of different developers is, the better it
is to navigate and reason about the code.
New recruits need to be "initiated" into this cabal by carefully
guiding them (through code reviews and simply by-example) until they
instinctively understand "how the things are done around here". It has
nothing to do with a choice of language. It is a social thing just as
much as coding...