Thanks for finding that article, Fabrizio.

Here's a twist: I can't recall OpenJDK code ever using hungarian
notation, whereas android code definitely does. I have no idea where
PolicyNodeImpl.java is in the OpenJDK sources, I couldn't find it
(god, the hg web interface sucks). So, where's that from? Did Oracle
rename the variable names in addition to aligning the spacing? It's
somewhat hard to fathom that Apache would make such a mistake.

But, if true (and while the difference does increase if you read
further in, its undeniable that these are eerily similar to each
other), this would indicate an extremely interesting legal test of
open source principles.

What if the code in question was committed by Apache Harmony and
Google merely copied it - is it Google that's responsible for such a
thing? What does the BSD license even say about such things? A
thousand more questions spring to mind.

Here's a (shockingly biased) writeup by groklaw which is separate from
this copyright claim but involves Oracle trying to make the judge
throw out Google's documentation of Oracle's 180 on the FOU clause:
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20101027113123225 - which
might also be relevant here.

Pertinent information in case you never heard / forgot: Oracle is not
using its in-house lawyers to fight this case; it is using the
services of Boies Schiller. The guys who completely FUBARed the Sco v.
Novell case.