I think the question is whether you can implement ALL the view code in
a server-side framework. If you cannot because there are some dynamic
things you want to do client-side to provide a better user experience,
then why not implement ALL the view code so it runs client-side? It
seems that the most common, unspoken reason to use a server-side
framework for generating HTML is that some developers prefer using a
language other than JavaScript for that, not because they necessarily
care about doing the work on the server-side.

Suppose you were implementing a Swing application that displayed data
from remote services. Can you imagine writing services that return
descriptions of how the data should be displayed rather than just
returning the data? Services that return dynamically generated HTML to
the browser seem like that to me.

R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.