Seriously, Java development tools have always been slow (compared to
established alternatives i.e. Visual Studio), but if you find Eclipse
slow then stay far away from NetBeans (and Maven). Never done any
XCode, but would be surprised if it is categorized as superior due to
"feeling faster", in a age where a commodity CPU supports 8 native
threads.