1) Oracle will continue to cause impedance mismatches wherever they
go, and as a result the official community (NetBeans, Glassfish...)
will shrink while the de-facto community continues to grow (Android,
Eclipse...).

2) We will finally see a JDK7 but as per usual uber-compromising
style, rather underwhelming and won't really be worth the trouble for
most corporations.

3) The web vs. native debate will culminate as the mobile segment
starts to cannibalize the desktop segment drawing up a sharp
frontline.

4) Plugin technologies (flash, Java, Silverlight) will die as no new
projects will adopt this legacy model, pushed primarily by lack of
support from the mobile segment.

5) Scala will continue to divide the waters, although it will come out
as the definitive Java next gen. This won't be because it's the best,
but because it was first at attaining critical mass and ensuring
various research grants. The old Java vs. C# debate will be replaced
by a new Scala vs. C#.

/Casper