Google has revealed its own system:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-way-for-publishers-to-manage.html<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-way-for-publishers-to-manage.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FMKuf+%28Official+Google+Blog%29>
<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-way-for-publishers-to-manage.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FMKuf+%28Official+Google+Blog%29>
http://www.google.com/landing/onepass/

<http://www.google.com/landing/onepass/>AFAICT, it's SSO + Google Checkout
for payments. I heard that they'd take a 10% cut, but I can't find that info
in the blog post or the website.

This seems a lot more flexible for publishers, but most importantly it's
opt-in: Google isn't forcing you to use it, whereas Apple is.

I think Apple's system is probably great if you're launching an iOS only
newspaper/magazine/service with original content, but isn't very workable
otherwise.

Moandji