On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/2/17 Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com>
>
> JavaFX is probably beyond any salvation at this point, but if there is one
>> thing that might, possibly have a slimmer of a chance to work, it would be
>> to open it up completely. Open the mailing-list and the design discussions,
>> have the core developers interact with the whole community openly, make the
>> release candidates available to everyone, actually engage the community
>> instead of letting it be a one way street, have the core team comment on
>> bugs and provide speedy fixes, listen to Swing developers, actively seek
>> them out, ask them what they want Swing to become.
>

> Does API design by committee really work, though? I don't get the
> impression that's what Android did.

Design by committee doesn't really work in my experience, but gathering
feedback from the community and then having a focused team of experts
(usually working for the same company) working on it can work.

I don't think it will work here, though, because JavaFX is trying to solve a
nonexistent problem.

--
Cédric