On Mar 25, 7:31 pm, phil swenson <phil.swen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has Sun/Oracle ever seriously considered doing anything about the Exception
> debacle?  I submitted a request a ways back and it got shot down very
> quickly.   I kind of think we're just stuck with Checked Exceptions as long
> as Java is used.  I doubt any other language will pick up the feature, so
> eventually we'll be free of them.

I submitted a proposal "lone throws" for Project Lambda to add a
language feature to allow checked exceptions more easily -
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/lambda-dev/2010-June/001544.html
http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/exception_transparency_and_lone_throws
- It was considered and rejected. I believe that Brian Goetz is very
much in favour of checked exceptions, thus I'm not expecting Oracle's
opinion to change any time soon sadly.

Stephen