On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM, mP <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I smell a remote ejb stub :) In practical terms end developers never try
> any of these simply because the API does not present an opportunity to retry
> on a different cluster node simply because they are not aware of the
> available nodes. When working w/ remote services throwing RE becomes another
> problem that can happen at any time like OOME

I don't think the comparison to OOME is justified, because

   - OOME can literally happen at any time. Really, any time.
   - When OOME happens, there is very little left to do but crash.
   - RemoteExceptions can only happen when you call a remote method.
   - As I showed above, you can do something meaningful when a
   RemoteException occurs.

 and for the sake of simplicity it probably makes sense to group it as such.
> A lot of Springy ppl and users seem to think this way and its got a lot
> going for it.

By "a lot", did you mean hundreds of lines of meaningless stack traces in
logs?

Yes, I certainly agree with that :-)

--
Cédric