If anything, I'd say it's a lot more like Gosu.

I don't rate their chances very highly, many developers who want that
feature set will already have migrated to Scala/Clojure/JRuby and a further
migration to Ceylon will just mean a loss of functionality.  The communities
are already established and simply playing catch-up with C# doesn't sound
much like a winning strategy.

On 13 April 2011 14:42, Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Doesn't this look a lot like Fantom?
>
> Is JBoss/Red Hat a big enough company to successfully back a new language?
>
> Moandji
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Serge Boulay <serge.bou...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Another language in the works. Let the Scala vs "Ceylon project" wars
>> begin.
>>

>> http://devstonez.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/introducing-the-ceylon-project-gavin-king-presentation-at-qcon-beijing-2011/
>>
>> http://blog.talawah.net/2011/04/gavin-king-unviels-red-hats-top-secret.html
>>
>> --
>>

>  --

Kevin Wright

gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
twitter: @thecoda

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side of
the ledger" ~ Dijkstra