"Indeed, I grew tired of the whole mindset that language design is more
important than programmer time; that a programmer should work for the
language rather than the reverse. So much so that I thought I had grown out
of programming altogether. But now I think I might just have been tired of
the old generation of languages and waiting for the next generation -- and
especially the forward-thinking around those languages."

I agree with this sentiment.