On 17 June 2011 20:33, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>wrote:

> On 06/17/2011 06:49 PM, Kevin Wright wrote:
>

>> Agreed :)
>>
>> Phrases like "callback style" or even just "asynchronous" would probably
>> be more useful in this context, as they better reflect the intent of the
>> code.
>>
>>  A few days ago I updated the draft to just call for "similarities" with
> continuations (and that the design is "inspired" by CPS). Given that you're
> there, a final question: should I put an UML stereotype to my callback
> classes, do you think <<continuation>> would be wrong? At this point, I
> think it would be imprecise. Probably <<callback>> is better.

"1842 - Ada Lovelace writes the first program. She is hampered in her
efforts by the minor inconvenience that she doesn't have any actual
computers to run her code. Enterprise architects will later relearn her
techniques in order to program in UML."

http://james-iry.blogspot.com/2009/05/brief-incomplete-and-mostly-wrong.html

--
Kevin Wright

gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
twitter: @thecoda

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side of
the ledger" ~ Dijkstra