> Points above marked with no: use Lombok and the verbosity is gone.
> Lombok is not a trick, it's just an application of Java language and
> tooling features and it's IDE-friendly. To me today people writing Java
> code and blaming Java for that kind of boilerplate and not using Lombok
> are just willing to hurt themselves.

Lombok exists as a workaround layer, also called a hack, and has
indeed been characterized as such by venerable language designers
(listen to JavaPosse #279). While I can respect Lombok and the
problems it wants to solve (I am the one Alex Buckley refers to having
removed checked exceptions in my Java compiler) it is simply no
replacement for proper language constructs and idioms. I know that you
command Java the language, libraries, tools and everything in between
(AOP, byte-code weaving, anonymous proxies, Lombok...) - but can you
seriously see a new and upcoming programmer voluntarily setting foot
in this chaos?