On Aug 8, 3:06 pm, Kirk <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> amazing to see you being wrong ;-)
>
> Dig aside, there are many industries that function quite well without patent
> protection and IMHO, software is one of them. Google does not need patents to
> protect what it is doing, neither does facebook. How many patents protect
> TestNG and how many have copied your work? It is my believe that software is
> a utilitarian product and the mistake is that this exception to the rule that
> you cannot patent utilitarian products has been broken. So using your
> interface analagy, GIGO....

You are so right G and F only care about market share, it doesnt
matter if a better face book comes around tomorrow, what matters is
whats people associate deep in their minds. It is for this very
reason, they could almost give away all their software as FOSS and the
status quo would remain unchanged.