There are a number of websites where you can do research about a company.
One is GlassDoor.com I believe. I always research a company before joining
up.

As for overtime stories, I worked with a bunch of consultants that were
doing 12-14 hour days all the time and working over the weekend. I asked
him why he did that and his answer was that there were 10 people willing to
take his job if he ever quit. He worked for Witpro and was Indian. Most of
the teams I was working with were from that company and all were working
crazy long hours. But if they don't want to do it, the company has an easy
time finding others who want to make the money and so they quietly do it.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM, koczyslaw bydlak <panbyd...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I was always lucky and never did any unpaid overtime. however I heard
> some horror stories about it from co-workers (one guy had unpaid
> overtime every day for half a year, because ... whatever). I do know
> that my luck will run out one day. I'm very assertive about doing
> overtime (maybe I'm overreacting, but it doesn't matter), so if I was
> forced to do it I would most likely quit the job or at least slow down
> and did other thing at work (maybe even play flash games).
>
> I heard that some companies expect you to do more since you are paid
> more.
>
> How can you detect if company you are interviewing for do overtimes?
> one way be to just ask them, but they can lie (I do know some people
> that were lied to on interviews) or see you as not a team player since
> you ask about it (overtime does happen in normal companies, but its
> very rear).

Robert Casto
www.robertcasto.com
www.sellerstoolbox.com