As far as I am aware there is no (Java-standard-compliant) way to
change the value of static final fields (excepting of course the
previously noted System.in, out and err). And as far as the JVM is
concerned the same holds true for non-static final fields. Just
recently Cliff Click wrote two blog posts about that[1,2].

With kind regards
Ben

[1]:
http://www.azulsystems.com/blog/cliff/2011-10-17-writing-to-final-fields-via-reflection