Problem with Pre-ICS android performance is that android renders in
software.  3.0 supports hardware acceleration and ICS has it turned on by
default.
Unfortunately only < 3% of android devices are on ICS. So in general IOS
still feels a lot more snappier than Android.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/5/2612285/android-graphics-rendering-hardware-acceleration-explained