On Tue, 01 May 2012 19:25:36 +0200, Simon Ochsenreither <simon.ochsenreit...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I can't comment on JavaFX of course, never looked at it.

It seems we're discussing on different things (as usual :-) I think Cédric's point is the more accurate, that is Swing can be fast but it needs a sound expertise. I don't think the GC is a problem if not in some corner cases. I don't see the point about missing properties and such compared to Delphi, which has to do with the code look and not the speed (BTW, the statement is more toward Java than Swing, and yes we can have properties without writing plumbing code with an annotation processor).

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."