On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Casper Bang <casper.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a decent explanation, except that it's not called "verify" but
> "prepare" and it pollutes /trunk when fails (POM has been modified and temp
> files created) requiring manual cleanup.

Couldn't agree more. I tried to convince Jason and the whole crew many
times that it's a bad idea but I failed.

I can't count the number of times that my release process failed for some
reason (bad connection, stash needed, etc...) and I found myself forced to
increment my product version just to please Maven. Very irritating.

--
Cédric