Hi,

I think its very easy to dismiss a language or technology *from afar*,
without actually ever trying it. I know I have.

My point about Groovy was, give it a go, the initial ramp up is way lower
than say Scala as it integrates so well with Java.

Would I have chosen to stray from Java on my own? Probably not, but I am
now glad I did.

All languages will have something on paper that doesn't do it for you, Java
has loads for example. But hey, we use it and still get the job done.

This private access situation hasn't been an issue in practice. Why?
Because I know the field exits either via the IDE (and that tells me its
private) or by looking at the source code (which also says its private). So
if I go ahead and use, its because I ignored the signposts.