Comping any large GWT app takes forever, so developers rely on "development
mode", where a plugin does the translation. In this day and age, with
browsers updating once a month, it becomes a pretty irritating  exercise to
locate or build compatible plugins (I've been developing with GWT, SmartGWT
and GXT for 2 years now).