On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:41:20 +0100, Ricky Clarkson <ricky.clark...@gmail.com> wrote:

I can tell you that Argentina does that kind of profiling but without any
such app available to my knowledge.  They 'get you' at random times or
times of large transactions such as buying a house.

Argentina's style would be to provide a webapp where you enter your
national ID (no password) and they tell you your status.

Yes, we have that too. In this case a web app, other than needed, it's not a privacy problem as it would handle data that you know and agree to be shared.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."