I don't think javascript itself has changed too very much in the last three
years, although there have been lots of developments in libraries and
whatnot. I suppose I should put in a word for reviewing the spec and
getting down to the nitty-gritty. It's not my favorite language spec in the
world (the jls is right up there :) ) but it is worth a look.
Also, I've been reading over Effective Javascript recently (don't have the
author's name handy) and it's got some really good warnings of the more
brain-damaged parts of the language design. Worth a look also.