________________________________

From: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of lawrence taylor
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:33 PM
To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: Why is Jaws slow to speak?

Hi Andy,

You have given me a galaxy of issues to ponder here of which I am very
grateful. The problem became noticeable here n the last couple of weeks.
I subscribe to the population that keeps their computer on at all times.
I was running into a problem with a piece of jaws friendly software that
allowed me to down load music and for some strange reason it started to
offer me their upgrade version which is not jaws friendly.
Unfortunately, I learn it was not very friendly after i tried their up
graded version or pro. Although i was able to successfully un install
the pro version and re install the old friendly version, things have not
been the same.
I've scanned my system with AVg and there are no reported viruses. So I
will continue over the week end to explore the suggestions you've
referenced in your post. I am familiar with most of these tasks except
running MSCONFIG   Any guidance on that would be helpful. I did add an
exsternal drive back in December.