I sure don't want to complicate matters any further, but if JAWS 9 is
somewhere on the not-too-distant horizon, and if you can hold out until
whenever that release comes, if at all soon, then is that a better way
to go?

I can't answer that for you; and I don't know anything about any pending
releases of JAWS 9.  But it's something to think about.

Of course the other side of my argument is that there will always be
another upgrade down the road, and if you wait and wait and wait, you'll
not only pay more, as the list moderator reminded us, you'll deprive
yourself of any advantages that using the current version might offer.

I guess my short answer would be, if you have a compelling reason, do
the upgrade.  Otherwise, maybe not yet.  What's a compelling reason?  Of
course, that's different with us all.  For people who use Outlook 2007,
a compelling reason for an upgrade might be that a new version of JAWS
gives you better and more access to the Outlook 2007 calendar.  But if
you're getting the information you need and using the software you need,
and if money's at all tight going into the holidays or whatever, maybe
holding out for now isn't such a bad idea.  Ultimately, it's such a
personal decision that none of us are going to be able to help as much
as you or we would like.

Best of Luck with the Decision,
Nolan

Nolan Crabb
Director of Assistive Technology
The Ohio State University
2054 Drake Center, 1849 Cannon Dr., Columbus, OH 43210

Ph. (614) 735-8688
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com