-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Justice
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:03 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS version 8.0.422U
quitsspeakingatsecurityscreen

Carrie, we have the same problem at FedEx.  If the system goes into
Security, suddenly you have no voice  We don't have to shut down our
systems but there's an automatic function which will send the computer
into a Screen Saver mode if you don't type for more than 20 minutes.
I think that's what you mean, isn't it?.
Here are a couple of things we tried.

1.  Remove Jaws from the System Tray.  That seems to make it less apt to
shut down or lock out.

2.  We found that shutting down Jaws helps.  Then, all you do is press
Control Alt J if your system is set up for that and it will usually boot
up and talk ieven in the Security screen.

I don't think the problem is Jaws Carrie.  The system will shut down all
programs including Jaws and retain only the Screen Saver or Security
screen as you called it.
The programs aren't really shut down, they're just blocked temporarily.
I wish that there was some way to remove that blasted thing completely.

John Justice