Hi David,

You Said:

every time you would return to the main index page such as programs for
example it would kick you back to the top. This was getting tiring for me

***
Why did that happen?

When you click a link that takes you to another page, pressing the back
keystroke will take you back to the link you clicked, or rather, it should
take you back there.

Whenever I'm surfing a particular site, and need to explore, in other words
go through every page to see where the information is that I need, if the
page I land on doesn't happen to be the page I'm looking for, I press the
alt+left arrow keystroke, and that takes me back to the link I initially
clicked on.

Is your computer configured differently?

It's actually kind of weird.

This same keystroke is supposed to do the same thing for explorer windows
roaming through your files.  For example, if you're going through a list of
files in your my documents folder, which may contain 89 folders, you enter
on the 48th folder to see what's in it, you should be able to press the key
combination of alt+left arrow, and it will take you back to the 48th folder
you entered on.

At least, that's what's supposed to happen, but I find on my laptop, it
doesn't, but it does on my desktop, or any other desktop computer I've ever
worked with.

Personally, I think there's a setting I need to tweak, but I just haven't
found it yet.

In any case, were you using the keystroke to go through your WebPages, or
were you using the backspace key?

Victor

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com