From: "Leonard Salinas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] admin log on screen

maybe this will help:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_logon_at_welcome_page_w.mspx?mfr=true

To turn the Welcome screen on or off

You must have a computer administrator account on
a computer that is a member of a workgroup or is
a stand-alone computer to turn on or turn off the Use
the Welcome screen feature. Logging on at the
Welcome screen is not available on computers that
are members of a network domain

Table with 2 columns and 3 rows

1.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.

2.

Click Change the way users log on or off.

3.

Do one of the following:

.

To specify that users log on to the computer
using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.

A user logs on to the computer by clicking his or
her user account name on the Welcome screen. If a
password is assigned to the account, the user is prompted
to type it.

.

To specify that users log on to the computer
without using the Welcome screen, clear the Use the Welcome screen check
box.

The Welcome screen will no longer appear when you
start the computer. To log on to the computer,
type your user name (and password, if you have one) in
the standard Log On to Windows dialog box.
table end

Note

Table with 2 columns and 2 rows
.

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control
Panel, and then click User Accounts.
.

Fast User Switching is available only when the
Welcome screen is turned on. For more information, click Related Topics.
table end
Top of page
Top of page

Related Topics

Table with 2 columns and 5 rows
.

Turn Fast User Switching on or off
.

Log off the computer
.

Log off the computer
.

Turn Fast User Switching on or off
.

User Accounts overview
table end

Legend has it that on Monday 11/19/2007 10:56 AM, leonard morris said:
>Because David temporarily shut down this list
>and I am not sure if my post made it I hope it
>is not inappropriate to repost my concern. If it
>is I apologize. Original message follows:
>
>I used windows update a couple of months ago to
>update Windows Xp pro. Since then I always have
>to hit the spacebar on the administrator log on, turn off
>
>computer and log on screen when jaws starts
>speaking when I boot my computer. This even
>happens if I have not performed any tasks for a while and I return
>
>to let's say to look at email messagesabout an
>hour later. When I initially did the update and
>rebooted the computer so that the updates would take effect when I was
>asked
>
>to enter a password I hit the spacebar without
>entering any password which I thought meant that
>when you turn on your computer it would go right to windows
>
>like it use to do. I am the administrator and
>there are no other users on my computer. Hope I
>am making sense here. Any thoughts how to change this behavior.
>

>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the
>word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list
>send a blank email to the following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives: