Maria, this is an incredibly helpful answer. Thank you for taking the time and
making the effort.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Maria Kristic
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:03 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Questions relating to an upgrade from Office 2010 to
Office 2016

1. Yes, absolutely! I have been using Office 2016 since its release with JAWS
17 and now 18. VFO/FS has done webinars using Office 2016 as well, so yes, it
is officially supported.
2. Yes, there are differences, but I don't think they will be too difficult to
get used to. I upgraded from 2010 to 2013 to 2016, so I cannot be too specific
because I do not remember much about the 2010 layout. Some items in the ribbon
have been rearranged, and there are times when contextual ribbon tabs will
appear once you have entered or selected areas where they are relevant (i.e.,
entering a table or chart, in the Instant Search edit field in Outlook, etc.)
Especially for items I don't use frequently, I like to use the Tell Me feature
found throughout Office 2016 to find items rather than searching through the
ribbon (ALT+Q, type what you are looking for, DOWN ARROW to and select from the
search results). Some ribbon shortcuts have changed. You will find that there
are more instances in which activating a function causes a pane to open rather
than a dialog; if it seems like nothing happened after you activate something,
F6/SHIFT+F6 around to see if a relevant pane has opened. T
 here are new features (new chart types in Excel, the Resume Reading feature in
Word which will return you to your last place if you activate the Resume
Reading button within the few seconds that it appears upon opening the
document, Outlook Attach a File option initially displays recent files you
worked on, tighter integration with online
services, etc.)
3. I really cannot say for sure on this one because of my upgrade path...I
believe I was asked to uninstall my previous version of Office before
installing the new one...

Good luck!

Regards,
Maria