From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:44 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] opening up an email

Okay, I just tried to go through those steps, but they didn't work on my
Outlook 2010. Here's what did work for me, to the extent I can recall the
steps I just took. NO ribbon involved.

Look for a folder named "Search." You should find it easily with
first-letter navigation in the folders list.
Press enter, then I think tab.
As I recall, you're shown a button enabling you to create a new folder.
Press spacebar.
Here you're taken through the two-or-three step process to create an
"Unread" folder. This folder automatically collects all unread messages.

In the future, you can find that Unread folder with first-letter navigation
or by going to the "Search" folder and pressing right arrow.

I'm sorry I can't be completely sure about each step. Once I created the
Unread folder, I couldn't go back. However, once I landed on Search, pressed
enter and tab, everything after that seemed intuitive.