Well, I have egg on my face. After a couple of reinstallations and my discovery
of the JAWS help file, I got things going. The information was quite helpful. I
unchecked visualization and the detector plug-in. I was already using the
classic skin. I couldn’t find anything about modern skin support in the latest
Winamp version. However, the program runs much more smoothly. Thanks so much
for everyone’s help. I am left with one petty annoyance. As you know, the
spacebar has the play/pause function. I would expect this while in the main
window. However, it also occurs in the library window. The work-around is to
press the JAWS bypass key before pressing the spacebar. As I said, it is only a
little nuisance. But it would be nice not to need this work-around. Thanks
again.